Facebook can be a valuable tool for recruiters, but it can also hurt a business if it’s mismanaged! Take time to carefully assess the state of your Facebook page and be proactive about updating it so that it seems professional and appealing to potential recruits. Once your Facebook presence is adjusted to better reflect company goals, you’ll be much better prepared to interact with the target audience.
Although there are many ways to enhance a Facebook presence, recruiters should pay particular attention to the following elements:
- Include a Facebook share button on your website. If someone is interested enough in your company that they want to share content from your site, it’s important to make it easy for them! With a Facebook share button immediately available, site visitors are much more likely to share content.
- Make sure to use appropriately-sized images. Since Facebook displays the largest image available in posts on people’s newsfeeds, the size of a preferred image needs to be adjusted in order to ensure that it is displayed.
- Don’t ignore Google Analytics! Analytics offers specific breakdowns for social media sites that allow you to identify sources of traffic. By identifying your best traffic sources, you can improve your SEO practices.
- Learn how to use Facebook’s Open Graph tags. Understanding Facebook’s language, Open Graph, allows for better profile optimization so that potential recruits see engaging, relevant information and images.
- Add a Facebook Like box to your site. Encourage site visitors to like your Facebook page so that they are instantly more connected to your brand.
For more information on how to improve your Facebook strategy, read the full article. BuzzRecruiter is thoroughly equipped to help transform your social media presence into a thriving, successful tool that attracts plenty of interest in your company. Whether you need assistance with Facebook or LinkedIn, we have the expertise necessary improve your brand’s identity on social media.