Although link building has long been a standard tactic among SEOs and marketers, many companies still use links inconsistently and ineffectively. With an insightful link strategy, it is possible to encourage greater engagement among your audience. Higher levels of engagement usually lead to long-term interest and conversions. As a recruiter, engagement offers a path towards finding solid recruits.
If your link strategy is not producing the kind of engagement that you would like to see, try the following tactics for an improved approached to linking.
- Rely on your own site. Internal linking is incredibly important, and not just for SEO purposes! Inserting links to other pages on your own site allows readers to organically explore the material offered. As they are exposed to more of your content, they will ideally become more and more interested in your brand.
- Think about the reader’s perspective. Don’t insert links simply for the sake of using links. Readers want to see links that offer more in-depth information that might answer their questions or help solve their problems.
- Offer an opportunity to take action. Readers always want an easy way to take action. If you are encouraging readers to contact you or take another specific action, make sure to include a link that conveniently allows them to take action immediately.
- Clearly explain links. Don’t just randomly insert links – explain their relevance so that your audience will have more interest in actually clicking on the link.
- Be consistent. If you have evergreen content or static pages on your site that are still highly relevant, be consistent about linking to those pages.
To discover more about how to increase engagement with the help of links, be sure to read the full article. With the help of BuzzRecruiter, you can develop a recruiter-focused website that contains an intentional linking strategy that will effectively increase the engagement of your audience. BuzzRecruiter is also available to help with writing content for your website and developing a thriving social media presence for your brand.