Tips to get your strategy for search engine optimization (SEO) and Local SEO back on track…
An inadequate SEO strategy can mean the difference between an overflowing number of qualified candidates and a stagnant pool of mediocre applicants. To successfully compete with other firms, it’s important to understand the changing state of SEO, its impact on recruiting results, and the steps needed to conquer search engines. In 2014, Google algorithm updates shook the foundation on which SEOs stood and reminded marketers just how significant SEO best practices are.
Demystifying Google Updates
Between Panda, Penguin, and Hummingbird, marketers sometimes wonder which exotic animal major search engines will use next to represent updates. Based on more than 200 ranking factors, Google employs search algorithms to sniff out “thin” content, keyword stuffing, and other unscrupulous tactics found on the internet. Recently, Google launched Pidgeon, an algorithm created to evaluate the pulse of local SEO and highlight companies doing it well.
Read More: Is Your Recruiting Company Blogging Enough?
5 Must Ways to Improve Your SEO Strategies
If unsure of your company’s SEO health, review the following tips to get your strategy back on track.
- Aim for organic results. Paid advertising may drive traffic to your site, but quality leads come from organic search results. Learn what your candidates are searching for and create content targeting these terms.
- Perfect your local SEO strategy. Is your company listed in business directories, and are social profiles on Google+ and Yelp claimed? If not, you could be sabotaging your local SEO strategy.
- Publish relevant content often. It’s no longer enough (if it ever was) to publish a short post here and there. Candidates expect leading companies in any industry to produce relevant, useful content that speaks directly to them.
- Optimize tags and descriptions. Leaving image descriptions, tags, and title tags blank or stuffed with keywords is an SEO nightmare waiting to happen. Instead, optimize these areas of your site by inserting relevant keyword phrases.
- Improve mobile compatibility. If operating without a mobile engagement plan, your SEO recruiting strategy will suffer. Search engines are giving preference to responsive websites and Google’s latest announcement of promising to call out sites not compatible with different devices, makes it urgent for recruiters to act immediately!
A leader in SEO, social media, and digital marketing for recruiters, BuzzRecruiter is your one-stop resource for all things SEO. Stay ahead of the trends and outperform the competition by entrusting us with search engine optimization. Discover what others are saying on Facebook and Twitter, or contact us today to learn more.