Looking for a Recruiting Tool? Try a #hashtag
We all know that social media is the buzz when it comes to recruiting. Twitter is one of the most widely used social media platforms in the world, with an estimated 304 million monthly users. Using the microblogging giant’s platform wisely hinges on the use of hashtags. So how do you bolster recruiting and build your social media brand in 140 characters or less? We’ll show you.
Building the Perfect Hashtag
For the true Twitter novice, the folks over at Social Talent have provided this nifty infographic on “How the Heck to Use a #Hashtag.” Simply put, hashtags are ways for your readers to follow and group conversations. Don’t skip the hashtags, since posts with them get twice the engagement as those without them. Follow these guidelines:
- Make them memorable, unique, and relevant to your conversation.
- Try to pair unique hashtags with trending ones to get more exposure, but;
- #Don’t #Over #Hashtag or #makeyourhashtagswaytoolong. This makes them harder to read and turns people off. Always emphasize quality over quantity.
So how does this work for the recruiting business? Try pairing your content with popular career-related hashtags. Tried-and-true favorites like #NAJ (Twitter language for ‘need a job?’) and #recruiting can boost your exposure. Here are other popular hashtags you should consider:
- #hirefriday: This is a twitter-held chat that takes place every Friday at 12 EST. It’s a great place for job seekers to network with recruiters.
- #jobs: this can be paired with other hashtags to narrow your demographic and connect you with talent (i.e. #sales #job #Detroit).
The benefit of using hashtags to your advantage is that it gives you exposure to a host of young and bright talent.
Read More > Looking for new ways to Hire Millennials?
Thanks to these tips, you don’t have to be afraid to use #hashtags. Happy Tweeting!